Giving the cold shoulder in style!
With the 70’s influencing our fashion, a style that is popular in our stores right now for Spring, is the off-the-shoulder top or dress. You are certainly giving the cold shoulder by wearing this style whether it’s in a pretty lace or casual denim. While you may love this feminine style as I do, it may not love you!
Who can wear it?
- The I, A or X body shape suit this style best.
- Figures with a small bust and long décolletage (from shoulder to bust point), can flounce this style easily
Who should avoid an off-the-shoulder style?
- Anyone with a generous bust, (unless you are wanting to enhance it).
- those of you with broad or square shoulders.
- the V body shape – it will make your shoulders look even broader and your top half will look unbalanced with your bottom half.
- If you are short-waisted between your bustline and waistline. you will appear even shorter between these two points.
…but I love it!
If you absolutely have to have one but you are top heavy, then choose a longer style that has no defined waistline. Or choose one with sheer sleeves such as lace or a chiffon. Or a style that is has a Vee neckline like the one shown in black.